October 23, 2019
“What do I wear to an engagement session?”
I get this question often and the simple answer whatever feels like YOU! The most important thing is that you are wearing a outfit you feel comfortable in and that reflects your style! With that being said, a lot of my couples come to me for advice on what to wear so today I am going to share with you a few tips on things to consider when choosing an engagement session outfit.
1. White: To my sweet brides…. this is your time to SHINE! I always suggest having at least one touch of white in your outfit selection. Wether it is a dress or a top, pick something white that screams “I AM THE BRIDE!”
2. Stay away from crazy patterns: Keep it simple! This session is about YOU and the more busy the pattern on your outfit, the more the attention is being taken away from you in the photo. Don’t get me wrong…I love a good floral pattern, or any type of simple pattern but try to stay away from anything extremely busy!
3. Neutrals never fail: white, cream, light blue, light pink, and pastels always photograph well. Try to stay away from colors like bright orange and harsh greens. Keep it simple.
4. Its okay to get fancy if you want: My couples do multiple outfit changes during engagement sessions so keep in mind that it is okay to have a bit of a “fancier” outfit if you are wanting to get a bit dressed up. If that is not your style, then keep it simple and casual the whole time!
5. Props are great: Do NOT over think this! Are you a hat girl? Bring a hat and we will throw it on in a couple photos. Do you two love wine? Bring a bottle. Love to pop champagne? Lets do it! Puppy lovers? Bring your pup along! Love florals? Grab a bouquet and bring it! Have nothing? Thats okay too! Like I said, do not over think this. If you want a prop, bring one. If nothing comes to your mind right away, then bring nothing.
The most important thing in this all is that you stay true to your normal style. Like I said earlier, these are only tips to help assist you in choosing the perfect engagements session outfit(s). Hopefully this was helpful!